You are not alone. Other parents are facing similar struggles raising children and youth with behavioral challenges. Even if your child or youth does not want to participate in services, or is incarcerated, we can still help.
Our Parent Partners are people who have lived experience, knowledge and skills navigating resources and successfully advocating for families, children and youth across multiple systems including schools, child welfare, juvenile justice, treatment providers, etc. Our Parent Partners are also Washington State Certified Peer Counselors.
We know that each family is unique. No one size solution fits all. There are often many solutions to a problem and multiple approaches to recovery and wellness. A Parent Partner can help you explore them all.
A GPS Parent Partner will:
- Meet you at a time and in a place that is convenient and comfortable for you in person, on the phone or through an online meeting app.
- Listen to your concerns and needs
- Provide the support and assistance you ask for
- Help you identify and build from your strengths and the strengths of your family/child/youth
- Access your natural supports including family, friends, neighbors and clergy who can act as a personal coach offering you and your family additional support.
- Choose the path that’s right for you and your family and give you guidance along the way
- Connect you with available resources for your family’s needs
Let’s get started – Fill out the confidential request for services form and a GPS staff member will contact you to schedule your first meet and greet.
Stay Updated on Events, News, and Opportunities at GPS: